Wednesday 25 August 2010

Sometimes stuff speaks to you...

Ursula Vernon, the woman I hope to be if I don't grow up, discussing the book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. 
"Now, it’s not a perfect book. Lots of people would find it a snore, or annoying, or whatever. But hey, I enjoyed it, parts of it spoke to me.  There is a scene where she sits in Italy and carefully arranges the absolutely perfect lunch on a plate and feels a kind of odd happiness and I stood in my kitchen more than once, carefully laying out several kinds of interesting salad on a piece of red Fiestaware, and feeling a fragile emotion that I would hard pressed to explain fully, except that it was something like even though my life is wrecked beyond measure and I do not know how much of it I am going to be able to salvage, this meal here is perfect and the rest doesn’t matter while I am eating it."
 Yeah, made me cry.  I'm still uncertain and messed up.  Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment